Pineapple Fried Rice
Summer is fast approaching and I'm already planning outdoor activities like hiking and backyard waterslides with the fam. I always find myself craving those sweet, juicy tropical fruits when the weather gets warmer. I'm particularly fond of pineapples as they are extremely refreshing, especially after some time out in the blazing sunshine. The supermarket is stocked with them during this time of year, and for a good price. Because they are in season, you'll rarely find one that isn't sweet.
While I love eating pineapples by themselves, they are also great to cook with. It gives a dish a tangy, sweetness that is unique and can't be accomplished by anything else. Pineapple fried rice is one of my favorite dishes to make during the summer. It's delicious, it's flavorful, and overall it's just such a fun dish to eat with the family. Plus, I'll usually have leftover fresh pineapple chilled in the fridge waiting for me after a long day out in the sun.
WHAT MAKES THIS RECIPE DIFFERENT? I kick it up a notch in this recipe with our very own Lan Prik Chili Sauce. You think summer is hot? This recipe will have you sweating! But you know you can't stop eating because it's that good. If you want a milder (or even more) heat, feel free to use less or more of the sauce than the recipe instructed. For me, the amount in this recipe gets me sweating a little, but I'm not screaming for water. Just the right level of heat.
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, Lan Prik Chili Sauce, and sesame oil for the seasoning sauce.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add bell pepper and mixed veggies. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add rice and cashew. Stir to combine. Add sauce and stir to combine. Cook for several more minutes until rice is heated through and soft.
- Add pineapple. Stir and cook until everything is heated.
- Serve and enjoy!