Roasted Honey Garlic Cauliflower
I grew up eating lots of vegetable, and I quite enjoy them. I'm probably lucky in the fact that my grandma was a great cook and we get plenty of fresh produce from our large garden. Many of my meals at home were probably seasoned by my grandma's loving sweat (really not kidding here because she'd literally be slaving away in front of the stove dripping sweat most of the day). In almost every dish there'd be some type of vegetable, which would give the dish a great texture and added flavor. One of my favorite would have to be the cauliflower. We don't eat it as often, but whenever it appeared at the dinner table I would be the happiest kid.
This recipe of roasted honey garlic cauliflower is so scrumptious I could sit and snack on it all day long. It's got that sweet and spicy that is so very addicting you won't be able to stop yourself. The garlic also come through in this recipe and gives it a great aroma. Be warned though, you will definitely get garlic breath from this. But hey, if you're home all day, who cares? Besides honey, the secret ingredient in this recipe that gives it a nice kick and added garlic is of course Lan Prik Chili Sauce. The amount in this recipe gives it a nice little bite, but if you want to sweat, feel free to add even more.
ROASTED HONEY GARLIC CAULIFLOWER
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line large baking tray with aluminum foil. Spread chopped cauliflower into tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisped.
- While cauliflower is cooking, make glaze by sauteing minced garlic in a small sauce pot until golden.
- Add honey, Lan Prik Chili Sauce, and hoisin sauce. Stir to mix.
- Make a slurry with water and cornstarch. Slowly add to sauce mixture, and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Toss roasted cauliflower in sauce and enjoy.